Thursday, July 12, 2012

I dont know anyone else that does this

By which, I mean writing.
Or reading, for that matter.
My wife reads, because she goes to college, and she has to. She writes for the same reason. Im working my way through Canada by Tom Ford and In One Person by that guy that wrote the Garp book, because I enjoy reading. I'm writing Amped Up, my new science fiction novel, because I enjoy writing. And I dont know anyone else like that.
The closest thing I have to a kindred spirit in any of this is my friend Ricardo. Ric's a big comic book and manga fan, he's been working on his own book for a while now. Thats someone creative. But for writing, nada.
Do you read or write? Tell me about it.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like the world is drifting further and further away from reading. It's a shame. Sometimes I wish I could have started my publication chase back in the sixties or seventies. It seemed like a better time for it.

    ReplyDelete